My homepage has moved here.
I am a 5th year PhD student in the Computer Science
Department at UC Santa Barbara.
My advisors are Prof. Huijia
(Rachel) Lin and Prof. Stefano
My research has been focused on cryptography and security. Recently,
I am particularly interested in memory-hard functions,
proof-of-work/space, and blockchain.
Before coming to Santa Barbara, I received my BS degree in Computer
Science from ACM
Honor Class at Shanghai
Jiao Tong University.
In Spring 2016, I attended the workshop "Nexus of Information and Computation Theories -- Secrecy and Privacy Theme" in Henri Poincare Institute (IHP), Paris.
Binyi Chen, Krzysztof Pietrzak,
Leonid Reyzin, and Stefano Tessaro
- Scrypt is Maximally Memory-Hard [pdf]
EUROCRYPT-2017 (Best Paper Award)
Binyi Chen, Chethan Kamath, Vladimir Kolmogorov, Krzysztof Pietrzak,
and Stefano Tessaro
- On the Complexity of Scrypt and Proofs of Space in the Parallel Random Oracle Model [pdf] [slides]
Binyi Chen, Huijia Lin, and Stefano Tessaro
- Oblivious Parallel RAM: Improved Efficiency and Generic Constructions [pdf] [slides]
Binyi Chen, Tao Qin and Tie-Yan Liu
- Mechanism Design for Daily Deals
Wang, Binyi Chen and Wu-Jun Li
- Collaborative Topic Regression
with Social Regularization for Tag Recommendation [pdf]