CS 292F: Foundations of Data Science
M-W 9:00 - 10:50
Room: PHELPS 2510
- Office Hours: Wed 11-12 (HFH 2111).
This is new graduate-level course on mathematical foundations of data science,
based on the forthcoming book Foundations of Data Science by
Avrim Blum, John Hopcroft and Ravi Kannan. The current draft of the book is
available at http://www.cs.cornell.edu/jeh/book2016June9.pdf
The course will primarily focus on the following topics:
- Geometry of high-dimensional space
- Matrix methods
- Machine learning
- Graph models
The course work will consist of both programming and theory projects.
- 1. Homework #1. Due Oct 17.
- 2. Homework #2. Due Nov 2.
- 2. Homework #3. Due Nov 21.
Computer Science Department
Room 2111, Engr I
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106